Sunday 18 October 2015

Actor planning

Most adventure films feature a male in his 20's/30's as the main character, and either a younger and/or female sidekick, however some adventure films involve teams of people (The Goonies, Lord of the Rings).

Who is available?
If I am going to cast a single person as the protagonist, I may need to use someone older, therefore I may need to ask a family member or a teacher to act. However if I am featuring a team of people in my film it may be necessary to ask my friends for help as they are more accessible and would work better as there is already a suitable number of them. Casting younger people could also help the audience connect with the characters as they are more relatable to my desired audience.

What are the difficulties involved in casting?
As I could be casting a large number of people to star in my film I may have to wait for a time when all of the required people are available, which could be an issue as they have individual schedules. Similarly if I wanted my film to be set in a city (e.g. Sheffield) getting a large number of people to meet up a the same time could be an issue, as some people could be too busy to have time to get there.

1 comment:

  1. Appropriate discussion points here Lucy, but it could ahve been presented much more effectively. You could have brainstormed, added image-boards or used Prezi to present these ideas.

    ReplyDelete